Skip to main content

A New View on Money

Sometimes there are those inexplicable videos that change your life. Sometimes they come from unlikely sources. Here is the one that did it for me today. It's some kind of seminar by a man named Tom Ferry, whom I've never heard of before today. Sounds like he's a real estate agent talking to other real estate agents, but what he said really made sense to me. I had one of those moments when it feels like the world is opening up for a moment and a dazzling ray of hope shines through, a moment of possibility and understanding.

I don't know if this video will do the same for you, but I'd like to share it, just in case. You may think "Yeah, I've heard all this jazz before." If that's your reaction, this video might not be for you, or it might not be the right time. If you're the one who's feeling a pull in your heart when you see the title and wondering if it just might be possible that you could be rich one day, then you may be the one this video is for. This video was not about getting rich in my eyes. It was about thinking differently about money.

Once again, thanks for stopping by. You can connect with me on Twitter or reply in the comments below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Stay at Sister Hotel | Visiting My Sister for the Weekend

Last weekend I had the chance to spend a few days with my sister. She lives an hour and a half away so I spent the night, and we had a proper sleepover. Downton Abbey and Mikes Hard Lemonade played a big part. Haha! We didn't get up to anything really treacherous since our idea of being bad is staying up till 2 am watching DA. I just thought I'd share with you some of the things we did. Sharon filmed a craft video of a floral centerpiece she made for her dining room table. I took a few shots of her while she was working. You can check out her YouTube channel here: Sharon Guardiola . She makes craft, painting and beauty videos. She also left me these tasty chocolates on my pillow and lent me a fluffy fur-lined robe like a legit five-star hotel. Lol. My sister has two fireplaces so they have lots of wood. This is the mantelpiece in her bedroom. I love this style. It really reflects her. (No pun. ツ ) I had a great time staying at the Siste

October BBQ Street Fair Coming Up

Thank you for joining me last week on our Small Town Businesses series. Today we're talking about the thing that fuels us all: food. And festivals. Every year my town holds a street fair and BBQ cook off. Companies and individuals begin the night before smoking their hogs, some even sleeping in the street beside their smokers. Last year by 10 am all but one vendor had sold out of pork ribs already. You gotta get there early. Here is a clip of me eating my prize, grateful to have found one person remaining who still had ribs available. I look forward to more of these sticky ribs. My husband and I will be hitting the square before 10 am this year to have our pick of the best ribs of the year. Last year we enjoyed wagon rides, music and dancing, and, of course, ribs! We also made a visit to the pre-game festivities on Friday night where we watched more dancing and music. Our excitement grew as vendors set up booths and those in the hog cooking competition got r

Small Town Businesses: Southern Roots Florist, Gifts and Event Rentals

I'd like to introduce you to our last featured small town shop. Twenty-three-year-old Dana Harn is the daughter of Deborah Harn, the owner of yesterday's featured shop, Vance Street Market Flower Shop. Dana will be opening Southern Roots Florist, Gifts and Event Rentals on Front Street in Warsaw this month. Like her mother, Dana, too, wanted to run her own business. Because of the help of dear friend and stellar designer, Stacey McNeil, Dana was able to quit her job in Maryland and return to North Carolina to begin work on opening a florist shop. Creativity: Though Stacey will be in charge of design at the new location, Dana is also discovering a talent for creating floral and decorative arrangements. Dana finds inspiration from the creativity of others and discovering new things. "It helps me expand my own creativity and develop my style. I end up loving things I would not have otherwise thought of." Dana is drawn to decorative items that lend themselves wel